Temperatures are set to get really low this weekend with a high of 15° F on Friday and high of 8°F on Saturday.
Due to the bitter cold, the Kansas Dental Charitable Foundation will have a place for patients to take overnight shelter while waiting for the Kansas Mission of Mercy free dental clinic. Patients are still encouraged to bring personal items such as jackets, hats, and blankets.
Volunteers are still needed for this event. While registration is closed online, volunteers are encouraged to show up and register onsite. They can check the KDCF website under the volunteer tab for start times. Volunteers will also need to download a parking pass from the website.
The free dental clinic will take place on January 12th & 13th at Tony’s Pizza Events Center in Salina, KS. Doors will open at 5:30am on both days.
What patients can expect:
Continue taking any prescription medications as directed and bring them along so a dose is not missed.
• Bring a list of current medications, allergies, and health conditions.
• No eligibility, income, or residency requirements needed.
• Services include cleanings, fillings and extractions….NO dentures and NO implants.
• Hundreds of patients will be treated each day so be prepared to wait several hours.
• Breakfast and lunch will be provided at no charge, but bring snacks and water (especially diabetics).